Frequently Asked Questions.....
- When do you advise I reserve my date?
- While I may be able to accommodate your order on short notice, it's recommended that you reserve your wedding date as early as possible. Like many cake designers, I accept a limited number of weddings per weekend, and popular months may fill up quickly. It's not unusual to reserve the date a year or more in advance- especially May through October. A $100.00 deposit will reserve your date.
- Do you offer tastings?
- I'm happy to offer a complimentary one-hour consultation and tasting appointment, which is held in my home studio. A consultation is by appointment only, day or evening during the week. Your first flavor choice is complimentary, and additional flavors are $10 each, as I bake a recipe of each flavor you'd like to try. You'll receive a 6" single-layer cake of each flavor, and at the end of our meeting it will be boxed for you to take home. Feel free to bring your ideas- fabric swatches, pictures..... anything that may help us create your unique cake design.
- How are your wedding cakes priced?
- Wedding cakes are priced by the slice, based on your guest count and the intricacy and detail of the design, and the time involved in its creation. There is no change in cost for different flavors, fillings, colors, shapes, or number of tiers.
- Do you offer kitchen cakes for additional servings?
- If the tiered cake design you’ve chosen does not provide enough servings for all of your guests, or you prefer a smaller tiered cake, extra servings may be ordered at a reduced price to make up the balance of the servings needed- minimum 20 servings. This will be in the form of a frosted but not designed layer cake which will be served in addition to the tiered cake. The size of the slice is identical to that cut from the tiered cake, ensuring that all of your guests are served the same portion.
- Do you provide cake stands?
- Several sizes and styles of silver and brass cake stands are available to display your cake for an additional $25.00 rental fee. Separations between tiers (plate and pillar construction) are available at a fee of $25.00 per tier separation.
- May I order a groom's cake?
- I do offer groom's cakes and bridal shower cakes as my schedule permits for clients whose wedding cake is contracted through me. Feel free to call or email for more information.
- Do you charge for delivery?
- Delivery is free within 15 miles of Lancaster - certain restrictions may apply. Outside of the local area, there is a delivery fee of $1.00 per mile round trip as determined by Mapquest or Yahoo!Maps.
- How is payment arranged?
- Final payment is due in cash, money order, or cashier’s check by 2 weeks prior to the date of delivery. A separate deposit on returnable items (i.e., silver cake stands) will be collected at the time of the final payment. Upon their return in good condition within 2 weeks of the wedding, the deposit will be refunded in full.
- Do you work with fresh flowers?
- Fresh flowers may be used on or between the tiers of any cake. They are part of your floral budget, but I will be happy to discuss with your florist the variety and quantity needed and arrange the floral pieces on the tiers according to the design we've discussed.
- How do I save the anniversary tier?
- Traditionally, the top tier of the wedding cake is saved for your first anniversary, and is not figured into the number of servings the cake will yield. A bakery box is provided for this complimentary tier, along with packaging, freezing, and thawing instructions. So many clients write or call to say how delicious their anniversary cake was, a testimony that when properly packaged, your cake will be just as delicious as the day you first enjoyed it.
Do you have other questions? Feel free to contact me with any concerns regarding your wedding cake!